Santa Ana Star urges those who gamble to do so responsibly. Problem gambling is an illness that strikes people from all walks of life, but it can be treated. If you think that you may have a gambling problem, or know of someone who does, please contact one of the organizations listed below for treatment or assistance.
- Do you gamble to escape worry or trouble?
- Do you gamble to get money to solve financial difficulties?
- Are you unable to stop playing, whether you’re winning or losing?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Have you neglected your family because of gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
New Mexico Council on Problem Gambling
Counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide information on available treatment and support groups in your area for both the gambler and those affected by the gambler’s problem. All calls are completely confidential.
Gambler’s Anonymous Resources
Contact GA in Albuquerque 505.260.7272 or in Santa Fe 505.984.7277. For the telephone number and location nearest you, see here for the most up to date information.
The Evolution Group/Indigenous Foundation